On Tuesday, May 18, Colorado legislators are introducing HB 1317, a bill that poses a critical threat to dabbable extracts in Colorado and we need your help to fight it.
Patients and consumers who consume dabbable extracts would be dramatically impacted by proposed policies that include:
- Requirement med and rec dabbable extracts to be packaged in .1g increments (10 individually packaged portions per gram), driving up costs and making the products prohibitively expensive.
- Reducing medical patients’ purchase limit to 8 grams for 21+ only and 2 grams for 18-20 year olds.
You can read a summary of the proposed legislation here.
If you want dabbable extracts to remain in Colorado, please join us in testifying (2-3 minutes) as a consumer or patient when the Public and Behavioral Health and Human Services Committee meets on Tuesday May 18, at 1:30 PM MDT.
You can participate by:
- Submitting written testimony any time before action is taken on the bill (but the sooner, the better).
- Providing virtual testimony tomorrow at 1:30 PM at the link below. This will require a few hours of your time.
- Providing in-person testimony at the capitol building during tomorrow’s hearing at 1:30 PM. Sign up starts at 12:30 PM tomorrow.
Here is a link to sign up for remote or in-person testimony and to submit written testimony.
If you’re not able to testify, you can still help by calling and/or sending your legislator an email explaining how this bill impacts you as a patient or consumer. Here is a link to find your local state legislator.
Thank you for your support!