The Cultivation Specialist I is a key role in Green Dot Lab’s cultivation facilities. The goal of this position is to support the cultivation process of Green Dot Labs’ cannabis with the utmost care via advanced cultivation methodologies, detailed record keeping and maintaining an organized and pathogen free workspace. The position requires a self-motivated individual with attention to detail and strong communication skills. This position will report to the Vegetative and Flower Leads. This position is scheduled to work 4 x 10-hour days, Wednesday through Saturday.
- Ensure compliance with all City, County and State Regulations including, but not limited to the MED’s Current & Permanent Marijuana Rules for Licensed Premise, RMCF, Transport & Storage, Business Records, Labeling, Packaging & Safety, Testing etc.
- The Cultivation Specialist is responsible for adhering to workplace compliance within all current State and City regulations, Labor laws, Safety regulations and Green Dot Labs Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. State and City regulations.
- Tend to clones, vegetative and flowering plants including feeding, transplanting, pruning, and any other care
- Report any issues occurring with seedlings, clones, flowering/vegetative plants, their health, cycle, timing of transplants, etc.
- Assist with harvesting, drying, curing, and trimming of GDL cannabis as needed
- Execute IPM processes as directed by Vegetative or Flower Leads
- Update production logs (daily checklist, IPM, maintenance, ) daily under guidance of the Vegetative and Flower Leads
- Cross train and provide support in other Cultivation Departments and at other regional cultivation facilities as needed
- Clean all work areas including but not limited to office, storage, administrative and areas surrounding the building.
- Maintain grow area in good working condition including and not limited to helping with waste removal, destroying plants and root balls per BRC 6-14, janitorial activities, etc.
- Perform waste management duties for both ‘green waste’ and regular trash
- Other maintenance tasks including assisting Cultivation Supervisor with HVAC, electrical and plumbing/irrigation projects
- Opening and closing duties including but not limited to arming/disarming alarm system and starting/ending operation specific processes
- Pick up supplies from local as needed
- Provide support on special projects upon request
- Attend all trainings as required by city, county & state
- Attend all additional trainings as requested by Cultivation Supervisor
- Maintain compliance with city, county & state regulations
- Attend Metrc trainings and use the Metrc system as directed by Vegetative and Flower Leads
- Approximately 32 to 40-hour work week including weekends
- Working hours will be spent in the cultivation facility
- Moderate physical activity such as walking and lifting is required on a daily basis (able to lift at least 60 pounds, able to stand for long periods of time, able to bend, push, pull and reach)
- Safety gear and PPE, such as sunglasses, gloves, goggles, face masks, ear protection and safety footwear must be worn on a regular basis
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment under deadlines
- Continually exhibit honesty and integrity
- Punctual and reliable
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Possess a passion for the cannabis movement
- Hold self and others accountable
- Driven to excel and seek constant improvement
- Organized and familiar with basic data collection methods
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses physical dexterity necessary to work with small and delicate products (clones, trimmings)
- Works efficiently, manages time effectively
- Pays close attention to detail
- Able to identify problems or malfunctions with equipment
- Exhibits ability to work cautiously but efficiently
- Trained on all safety procedures and guidelines (PPE, OSHA, Fire and HazMat)
- Possesses physical strength and stamina required to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Familiarity with commercial agricultural practices & systems including but not limited to; propagation techniques, irrigation, greenhouse production methods etc.
- Familiarity with cannabis anatomy and physiology including but not limited to; needs of specific growth phases, diagnosing nutritional toxicities/deficiencies, identifying signs of over/underwatering, spotting symptoms caused by a variety of pests, communicating with proper and standardized terminology, etc.
Education, Experience, & Misc Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Prior experience with growing cannabis preferred
- Must possess and maintain current MED Badge
- Must be able to pass background investigation
- Must have reliable form of transportation
Wage: $17.30-19.00 /hour
Green Dot Labs provided benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid time off, Employee discount & Life Insurance
Green Dot Labs is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. GDL prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Green Dot Labs conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.