The Brand Ambassador represents the Green Dot Labs brand in retail and consumer environments, focusing on consumer engagement and customer-facing support via execution of retail marketing initiatives. Primary responsibilities include ambassador activities at retail and consumer venues; brand and product training; retail marketing resource distribution; brand execution of in-market activities to support retail marketing efforts and brand representation; merchandise sales; and distribution and maintenance of retail marketing resources. Additionally, the Brand Ambassador is expected to use time in market to review GDL presence on shelf and provide regular reporting on retail and brand trends. The Brand Ambassador is expected to reflect GDL brand standards while supporting the execution of ongoing retail marketing programs and special initiatives.
- Represent GDL and provide staffing at in-store events and at offsite brand activations including consumption-friendly events, concerts, and community events.
- Engage consumers and provide brand and product education and support selling, utilizing product differentiators, discounts and promotions.
- Collect consumer contact information for marketing communications.
- Sell and collect payment for GDL merchandise on-site, maintaining inventory in good condition and at defined quantities on hand.
- Install signage and displays at point of sale using Planograms and other guidance from the Retail Marketing Manager. Document results.
- Deploy and track marketing assets and print collateral to retailers including tear sheets, training guides, product information, coupons, stickers, consumer-facing assets, and promotional merchandise.
- Take social media-ready photos in-store to support social media and marketing needs and share with the Content Creator while at events.
- Review and report on GDL brand presence and inventory levels in store, deploying supplies on hand to amplify brand visibility. Coordinate with Sales Team and Retail Marketing Manager to determine additional needs and provide follow up support.
- Report on competitor pricing, promotions, displays, merchandise and new/popular products seen in retail locations to sales and marketing teams via CRM and email.
- Support pre-event preparation and onsite execution of GDL-hosted brand and retail marketing events.
- Support product and brand training and deliver educational resources.
- Engage budtenders through training and merchandise distribution. Build relationships with key budtenders and secure contact information for ongoing engagement.
- Work with Retail Marketing Manager to plan weekly visit route in line with frequency metrics.
- Work with Sales Team and Retail Marketing Manager to coordinate and schedule in-store events.
- Maintain detailed, accurate internal schedule of retail marketing events including pop-ups and product knowledge trainings.
- Maintain all retail marketing resources in good condition.
- Track all activities within 24 hours of an event or account visit. Provide detailed notes using the event template framework in OneNote with photos. Record visit in CRM for sales team reference.
- Provide regular updates on activities in department meetings.
- Track mileage for reimbursement. Provide weekly plan for mileage for approval by sales/marketing leadership. Plan expenses for longer trips and submit for budget/review and approval.
Success will be measured using the following metrics:
- Number of weekly/monthly visits by activity type
- Asset deployment rate
- Discounts utilized
- Request response speed
- Merchandise sales
- Subscription rates / follows for GDL marketing channels
- Budtender information collection rates
- Display execution and freshness
- Reporting rate and timeliness
- Number of usable photos produced
- Partner satisfaction
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Engaging public speaking style with the ability to engage groups of multiple sizes
- Confident, clear communicator able to absorb and articulate brand messaging and product information
- Flexible, enjoys working in varied environments
- Responsible and accountable
- Friendly and outgoing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Keen observational skills and diligent reporting abilities
- 1-3 years previous experience in marketing, retail, sales, corporate training preferred
- 2+ years experience working in the cannabis industry or strong knowledge of premium cannabis preferred
- High school diploma required, college graduate preferred
- Technically savvy with basic knowledge of WordPress, Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with CRM strongly preferred
- Current MED keyholder badge, must maintain MED badge while employed
- Must be a licensed and insured Colorado driver with reliable vehicle
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds up stairs
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments
- Generally, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Thursday-Saturday (25-30 hours). This position generally requires about 90% of working hours in market and 10% in office, with needs varying by week. Additional work outside of Thursday-Saturday will be required based on need.
- Monthly overnight travel by car to markets beyond the Front Range.
- Primarily offsite in retail environments with regular visits to GDL’s Denver office.
Green Dot Labs provided benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid time off, Employee discount & Life Insurance
Green Dot Labs is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. GDL prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Green Dot Labs conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.